SPECIAL SCHEME FOR MERITORIOUS STUDENTS INTENDING TO PURSUE SCIENCE
- There are nearly 1 lakh students that appear for Std 12 Science Board exam from Mumbai, Navi Mumbai and Thane. Most of these students also appear for Engineering and Medical Entrance exams like MHT-CET, JEE and NEET. Almost all students join various coaching classes for 1 year / 2 year programs to prepare for these entrance exams – most popular institutes charge in lakhs for such courses.
- For parents from economically poor backgrounds, it becomes difficult to bear this financial burden – junior college fees, textbooks and study material, coaching class fees.
- Many students also find it difficult to cope with the classes, as their fundamentals are weak, and they do not have the proper orientation for Science and Maths. So, in the first few months itself of joining the classes, thousands of students get disillusioned and demotivated due to the lack of proper foundation.
To help ease the financial burden on the parents, and to also provide the students with a proper start and foundation for the next 2 years, YUKTI has announced a COLLEGE FEE (FYJC Science) REIMBURSEMENT PROGRAM for students intending to take Science in Std 11.
COLLEGE FEE (Std 11 Science) REIMBURSEMENT PROGRAM
YUKTI will reimburse the FYJC (Science) Junior College fee of students. The maximum amount of reimbursement will be Rs. 10000.
Who can apply?
Any student who has appeared for the SSC or CBSE Std 10 board exam in March 2020 can apply for this scheme.
Are there any charges?
There are NO charges. The student DOES NOT have pay anything to apply for this scheme.
What benefits does the student get?
- The FYJC (Science) College fees will be reimbursed by YUKTI. Maximum reimbursement amount will be Rs. 10000.
- YUKTI will conduct a series of 14 Foundation lectures in Science and Maths in the summer vacation (April to June) to help the student refresh the core fundamentals – this will make it easier for the student to cope with Std 11 studies, and more importantly – give him a proper orientation towards Engineering and Medical entrance exams.
- The lectures will be conducted across 20+ locations in Mumbai, Navi Mumbai and Thane: the student can select a convenient centre, based on his location. The lectures will be conducted twice – from 10th April to 10th May and from 15th June to 15th
What is the last day for application?
The last day for application is 6th April, 2020.
Procedure for application
- Visit the nearest YUKTI centre and fill the Application form for the scheme. See list of centers here.
- Collect the schedule for the Foundation lectures.
- Submit a Xerox copy of the SSC marksheet (in June), once the results are declared.
- Submit a Xerox copy of the FYJC fees receipt, once you have secured admission and paid the fees (in June/July). The fees will be reimbursed within 30 days of submitting the receipt.
Terms and Conditions
- Only 100 students per centre will be eligible for the scheme. The first 100 eligible application forms received in each centre will be considered for this. There will be 20+ centres across Mumbai where the application form can be submitted.
- To be eligible for the scheme, the student needs to attend atleast 10 lectures. In case the student is unable to attend some of the lectures in the first phase (April-May), the student can attend the lectures that he missed in June-July to make up for it.
- After the student has attended atleast 10 lectures, he will be administered an MCQ style test based on the lectures that he attended. The marks of the test will determine the amount of scholarship.
- The minimum scholarship will be 25% of the college fees (FYJC Science) – General. The maximum scholarship will be 100% of the college fees (FYJC Science) – General or Rs. 10000, whichever is lower.
- The decision of the YUKTI management will be final in case of any dispute regarding the eligibility and amount of reimbursement under this scheme.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY ANY AMOUNT TO AVAIL OF THIS SCHEME.
PLEASE VISIT YOUR NEAREST YUKTI CENTER TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TODAY.